Performance enhancement for high achieving adolescents and young adults (STARS program).
Providing individual and collateral counseling.
STARS: Students Taught Achievement Resources and Skills:
A multi-media, individualized, self-paced set of deliverables which transform student's adjustment to high pressure environments such as private boarding schools and ivy league colleges. In my 25 years of experience treating this group, I have often found that their otherwise high performance can be severely compromised by a lack of understanding and ability to access the internal resources needed to self-discipline, self-regulate, focus and motivate when put in a new environment.This program creates new neural pathways, removes unconscious blocks, and enhances access to optimal nervous system functioning through a variety of cutting edge techniques, uniquely blended for this very motivated, independent and high functioning group.
Treatment specialization includes:
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) for trauma and stuck beliefs
- Trauma work with abuse survivors of all ages.
- Dialectic Behavioral Therapy (DBT) for self harm behaviors.
- Individual DBT for teenagers, and collaboration with DBT skills trainer.
- Therapy for Depression and Anxiety
- Trauma work with service members, police and first responders.
- Parenting Support
- Biofeedback training (Heartmath) for stress reduction
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) for releasing unconscious blocks to change.
- Stress Management
I work with a wide range of emotional and behavioral issues providing services that span from therapy for depression and grief counseling to more skillful living. In a comfortable and supportive atmosphere, I offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each of my client's individual needs to help attain the personal growth they seek.